Let us address question # 1 first. Many brides are terrified of looking orange on their wedding day, and we don't blame you for thinking this way. This is why it is very important to choose the right spray tanning company when making the leap. The terrifying orange look is something that can happen if you choose the wrong type of solution for your skin type. This is why it is so important to go see a certified technician. You should expect to have a discussion about your skin type and what outcome you are seeking to achieve. A trained technician will ensure that you will get a nice natural looking bronze that is matched to your skin type, ensuring that you look 100% natural. A high quality spray tan should NEVER look "fake" or orange". For your wedding day, Just Glow will typically recommend a light to medium bronze. Going too dark for your wedding may not be ideal. Your airbrush tan should leave you and your wedding party matching perfectly for your photoshoot and we must admit , looking absolutely incredible.
Now for question #2. Once you have washed off the tanning solution (8-10 hours post spray), then you will be 100% ok to put on that wedding dress and have confidence that it will not rub off on your gown. Now, we often hear a huge sigh of relief for this one:) Not to worry ladies.
Now brides...we will leave you with a few other tips to prepare you for your spray tan and for your big day. If you follow all of these steps, we promise you a perfect glow for your perfect day.
Tip #1. Always get a trial run. You want to ensure you get a color that you are 1 Million % happy with. You may decide that you would like to go a little lighter, or even a little darker. A trial run will ensure that you know what you are getting. Just Glow offers deals for trial runs for the brides to be.
Tip #2. When to get the mani/pedi? We recommend that you get that mani/pedi, the day before your spray tan. There are a number of things that could impact your tan if not timed perfectly. For example, if the oils from the treatment are not rinsed off properly they can act as a barrier to your tan. If done after the spray tan the exfoliation and the soaking of your feet in hot water for your pedi can also wear off your tan. You must time this step perfectly or use caution when getting your mani/pedi.
Tip #3. Preparation is so important.
- Shaving the day before your spray tan session ensures the best results. AND, because we all probably want to shave before the big event, go ahead and shave BUT make sure you use a brand new razor blade as dull blades tend to remove the tan a whole lot easier.
- Make sure you exfoliate daily, leading up until your tan. This removes loose, dead skin cells which will improve and extend your tanning results. Read our Blog regarding exfoliation for more info on this subject.
- Do not wear any lotions, perfumes, oils, make-up or deodorant on the day of your tan. You want to ensure that your skin in clean, with no residue that may act as a barrier to your tan.
Hope to see you soon and help add a little Glow to your big day.
Exfoliating before your spray tan is a very important step. This can actually impact the quality of your tan and even how long it lasts!...
WHY? Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and creates an even base " your canvas" for the tanning solution to adhere to.
Caution: Consider what type of exfoliation you choose because if you don't choose the right scrub this may actually cause you to have streaks, leave you looking unevenly tanned or may even act as a barrier to the tanning solution.
- Oils found in popular scrubs coat the skin
- No exfoliation or uneven exfoliation can lead to a faster fading of your tan and even uneven fading of your tan.
TIP: Just Glow recommends using an exfoliating mitt and to not apply any type of moisturizing lotion or soap before your tan. Our personal tested favourite is the Dermasuri mitt. You can get this mitt in stores, online. We also always carry a few on stock for your convenience.